Michael J. Wynne
Michael J. Wynne focuses on major federal criminal trials, including False Claims Act, RICO, qui tam, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback, trade matters, as well as cases related to civil commercial litigation. He represents major corporations, individuals and governments in the U.S., Latin America and the Middle East in fraud and embezzlement cases, including conducting and presenting internal investigations to the U.S. Attorney and the FBI. He also represents state and federal prisoners in habeas corpus and post-conviction proceedings.
Thomas Gottsegen - Inland Pipe Rehabilitation, LLC
- Managed a large team and served as lead counsel for the former finance minister of the Mexican State of Coahuila in multiple state and federal criminal and civil international money laundering and asset forfeiture investigations and cases.
- Represented a major chemical company, a major life insurance company, and a bio-technology company in federal proceedings, enabling all of them to avoid criminal charges.
- Represented a former officer of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of Inspector General in a federal public corruption prosecution.
- Representing large health care systems in federal investigations.
- Represented a party in connection with a computer hacking investigation involving Major League Baseball.
- Representing an international businessman charged with election fraud in a pending federal criminal case is San Diego, California.
- Representing international businessmen in multiple federal commercial matters, including the successful settlement of a federal case involving La Cavalia, part of Cirque Du Soleil.
- Representing individuals involved in alleged home health care fraud and corporate practice of medicine disputes.
Harvard Law School, J.D., 1992
Bucknell University, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, with departmental honors, 1989
Associations and Honors
Elected Director, Board of Directors for the State Bar of Texas
Member, State Bar of Texas
Chair, Criminal Law and Procedure Section of the Houston Bar Association
Vice Chair, ABA Health Care Section of the Houston Bar Association
Texas Super Lawyers® by Thomson Reuters (White Collar Crimes Attorney) 2021 and 2022