Michael Wynne Announces His Candidacy for Director of the State Bar of Texas District 4, Place 4 Harris County
Michael Wynne served 12 years as an Assistant U.S. Attorney and is now a partner at the litigation boutique Gregor Wynne Arney, PLLC. He focuses on white collar criminal defense and election law. Rated a Super Lawyer for multiple years, Michael is a graduate of Bucknell University. He moved to Houston upon graduating from Harvard Law School in 1992. He was a research assistant to Hon. Stephen Breyer and has been featured in the media – from local to national news as well as an acclaimed Netflix crime documentary. Michael is a Sustaining Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, member of the Texas Bar College, multiple-term Chair of the HBA Criminal Law and Procedure Section, and served one term as a Director of the State Bar (2015-18). He sponsors the Houston Business Forum and is an active Rotary Club member, contributor to The Houston Lawyer, and member of Second Baptist Church.
A Note from Michael
Hello, my name is Michael Wynne, and I am pleased to announce my candidacy for Director of the State Bar of Texas District 4, Place 4 Harris County. I am running to engage stakeholders in the following areas:
(1) Develop a uniform system for electronic filing throughout the state
(2) Expand the incubator initiative, particularly for new lawyers burdened with student loan debt
(3) Establish a standing committee to study the impact of artificial intelligence on the legal and judicial systems
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your ideas about what you would like the State Bar to do for its Harris County members.
The election is underway, and I humbly ask for your consideration as you cast your ballot.
Kindest regards, Michael J. Wynne – Candidate District 4 Director State Bar of Texas
Michael Wynne practices white collar criminal defense, including election law, environmental enforcement, public corruption, embezzlement, sanctions and export restrictions, asset forfeiture, and money laundering. He has extensive experience handling health care fraud, Stark Law, and Anti-Kickback allegations as well as insurance, mortgage, and bank fraud.
Michael has been involved with internal investigations in practically every industry and, with his law partners, represents parties in complex commercial civil litigation. Michael has represented individuals, former political figures, and companies in many parts of the world and has repeatedly achieved extraordinary results.
Thomas Gottsegen - Inland Pipe Rehabilitation, LLC
- Managed a large team and served as lead counsel for the former finance minister of the Mexican State of Coahuila in multiple state and federal criminal and civil international money laundering and asset forfeiture investigations and cases.
- Represented a major chemical company, a major life insurance company, and a bio-technology company in federal proceedings, enabling all of them to avoid criminal charges.
- Represented a former officer of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of Inspector General in a federal public corruption prosecution.
- Representing large health care systems in federal investigations.
- Represented a party in connection with a computer hacking investigation involving Major League Baseball.
- Representing an international businessman charged with election fraud in a pending federal criminal case is San Diego, California.
- Representing international businessmen in multiple federal commercial matters, including the successful settlement of a federal case involving La Cavalia, part of Cirque Du Soleil.
- Representing individuals involved in alleged home health care fraud and corporate practice of medicine disputes.
Michael J. Wynne
Please connect with me on LinkedIn for further updates regarding the election.